Thursday, July 14, 2011

How to Backup Angry Birds Rio saves if you need to reinstall your Windows

I had a client that asked me to backup his Angry Birds Rio before I reinstall his Windows so..Here is how to Backup Angry Birds Rio:



Step 1 - Find  this folder Angry Birds Rio which is located here : "C:\Users\john\AppData\Roaming\Rovio\Angry Birds Rio"

Step 2 - Copy the settings.lua and highscores.lua files to youe backup external drive/ usb stick

Step 3 - To restore it you need to reinstall the game first than search for the folder Angry Birds Rio which is located here : C:\Users\john\AppData\Roaming\Rovio\Angry Birds Rio and copy the files settings.lua and highscores.lua you backed up at Step 2 in here overwriting the files located in there.Done. Start the game and presto you got your saves back.


Hope it helped. Thank you for reading my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! pretty cool. i was searching for such info myself when i wanted to transfer my scores from iphone 4s to my ipad3. and i found a little app that might be useful. no need to care about .lua files. find it here: http://birds-scores.en.softonic.com/

    ReplyDelete